Here's more information about the services we provide.
We support our clients in the following areas:
- We help our clients start their own businesses. This includes everything from the "paperwork aspect" (filing the necessary information with the Vermont Secretary of State) to giving potential business partners the tools they need to have the difficult but necessary conversations as they put their relationship down on paper (like the business equivalent of a pre-nup, really).
- Navigating the Vermont Small Business Offering Rules to help Vermonters raise money and invest in Vermont companies.
- Buying and selling businesses.
- Drafting contracts and agreements that can be modified by our clients without our help for different customers or transactions.
- Certain employment issues- like whether your independent contractor is really an independent contractor or actually an employee (for other stuff we know some great attorneys who only do Employment Law).
- General business representation- we field whatever business-related needs come your way. If we don't have the in-house expertise, we have a network of like-minded professionals who do.
- Corporate record keeping. For a reasonably low (not $5 but not $500) annual fee you can subscribe to our corporate record keeping service where we take care of your annual filings with the Vermont Secretary of State so you don't have to remember to.
- The one thing we don't do is litigate (not our bag) but we know many highly qualified local attorneys for whom litigating is a passion.
Contact us for more information about our legal services.
For some folks who are still contemplating starting their own business, getting started can be daunting. For these people, we offer consulting services- an opportunity to meet to discuss your to do list, and maybe to explore what is holding you back from taking the plunge into small business ownership. These meetings (typically 30-45 minutes over Skype) cost less than attorney time, and do not involve any legal deliverables.
Contact us for more information about our consulting services.