Hatch Law & Consulting, PLC is the work of Katherine R. O'Neill.
In 2007, Kat helped her husband Jeremy start his own business, O'Neill Builders, LLC. This trial-by-fire experience was an integral part of her decision to work with small businesses as an attorney. Because she’s been there on the business side, Kat is uniquely positioned to help you manage the issues that arise with your small business, and to help you prevent problems from starting in the first place.
Admitted to the Vermont Bar in 2011, Kat found her interest in working with small businesses blossomed from the start of her legal career as an associate at Dinse, Knapp & McAndrew, PC in Burlington. In 2014, Kat left Dinse and began building her small business practice as an attorney at a small firm in the Burlington area where she also worked in the firm's real estate practice. With a budding array of clients, Kat started Hatch Law & Consulting, PLC in June of 2015, to exclusively serve small businesses in Vermont using today's technology, positive energy, and plain English.
Kat lives in Waterbury Center with Jeremy and Piper their loquacious toddler who currently likes applesauce, playing outside, and Dr. Suess classics such as "The Foot Book" (I didn't know it was a classic either) read ad nauseam. She loves skiing, all water activities and taking advantage of what Vermont has to offer.
For those of you who prefer the traditional bio information, here you go:
Selected Presentations and Publications:
- Legal issues for starting your own business, annual guest lecturer, Women’s Small Business Program, 2012-2017.
- Legal Considerations for New Business Owners, Center for Women & Enterprise, 2016-2017.
- Successfully Navigating Business Relationships and Communications, presenter, Women's Business Owners Network, Fall Conference 2016.
- Legal Issues Affecting Small Businesses, presenter, Women's Business Owners Network, Spring Conference, 2015.
- Starting your Own Business, guest lecturer, Vermont Small Business Development Center, 2014.
- Avoiding Contract Disputes, National Business Institute, 2014.
- The Legal Rights of Women in Vermont, co-author. As seen on WCAX here, February 2012.
- Contributor to the Vermont Employment Law Letter, 2012, 2013.
- Juris Doctorate, cum laude from Vermont Law School
- Bachelor of Arts, Colgate University
- Deerfield Academy